Re: What 50 bags of white tiles can do( was Re: More pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 13:17:21 GMT

Ben & All,

It was my reaction to your (group) post...may be I was a bit harsh...I said
so myself (in the posting, and I gave my reason why, in fact).

Well, Ben, it was harsh, and uncalled for. I read the post, and still find
it rather bad. Your explanation, IMHO, does not seem to warrant it.

I wasn't trying to pick a fight....though.

Hmm... it seems like it to me, this post does nothing to convince me of that.

As for the "extra" comments,
about the filming techniques...and such, it was a little about what happened
at the last show / event.
I was hoping those comments would contribute to a curiousity to come out to
Train2, and not the other comments.

Well, if you desire comments, maybe you should say so, rather than degrading
us, huh?

I've seen some of the pictures from
your events....yes you don't need to brag because the work stands for itself
(Lar's comment), but on the same token, the stuff we put out at the last
show should stand on its own merit....

Who said it didn't? Where in the world are you getting this stuff from? I
really would like an explanation! I looked at your show from last time, and
thought it was great. I don't comment a lot anymore, outside of our stuff,
simply because of a lot of reasons. Most of the time, my comments look like,
wow, that is really awesome, I liked x and y. Keep up the great work, etc.

and this next event.....all I can say is come out and see for yourself.
I hope my comments are just that....my comments, and I hope they (the
comments) don't hinder you from coming out.

I don't know, it sure didn't help it any. It is an 8 hour drive for me
regardless. If you have issues with MichLUG, you need to talk to MichLUG. If
you desire comments about your event, talk about your event. If you need to
talk offline to me, talk to me.

There is something not being said here, and I certainly don't aprpeciate it,
nor do the other members of MichLUG, who worked very hard on this last show,
and deserve credit.

If you want people to come to your event, MichLUG and otherwise, maybe a
proper way would be post here and say, hey members of MichLUG, we are having
Train 2 up here, and would love to have you come! Or something in that regard.

Since Tony and I were confused about a side note that Chris mentioned, and
asked for clarifiation, which someone else posted, maybe that should clue
you in a little.

In conclusion, if you have some concerns, let's be honest about it, put it
out on the table, and see if we can reach an apporpriate conclusion. If not,
do it offline or something, but I think this needs to be addressed.

Scott S.