 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 778
Re: Thoughts on what to do next time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 00:44:41 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Kevin Wilson writes:
Some kind of barrier, either rope or plexiglass. Although I don't think we
lost anything this time, it was a bit hair-raising. I'd like to see the kids
still able to get close though, whatever we use. If we're using
show-supplied talbes, rope barrier would be the way to go (PVC plumbing pipe
set in concrete in lego buckets, with rope... I have 150ft climbing rope cut
into 3 sections which would work, plus quite a few buckets).

I have mixed feelings about this one... One thing that set our display apart
from others (apart from the fact that our display was 100% ABS plastic!) was
that we *didn't* have a barrier.  This allowed the public to get very close
& personal with our display.  People could look OVER our display while
checking out all the little details.  But at the same time, I *was* kinda
scared about losing the minifigs along the outside edge of the table...

More lead time for building. Does anyone have a basement or other storage
space where we could store built models before a show? I can't live with my
living room full of large Lego buildings!

Yeah I agree with this.  I felt quite rushed in preparing for this show.
(For the last few nights, I didn't sleep until 3am on average!)  If we're
gonna do something around Christmas time, we'd better start planning soon!
Unfortunately, I barely have enough storage space for my LEGO, let alone
built models!

Improved track layout so we can run several independent trains without
standing over the controller. More "parking" area for stock not currently
running.

Maybe two controllers providing power to two independent sets of track?
Every few minutes, Thomas would keep on attaching himself to the end of
Metroliner...

2 Thomas engines (or Thomas plus another eg James) so he's always running
somewhere for the kids without one motor having to run non-stop all day.

To tell you the truth, I don't understand why everybody loves Thomas?!  He's
always a hit!

More space for the passenger station so we have a long platform for a long
metroliner (and 4561) train and the station buildings can look more
realistic and less squashed up.

How long is LONG?

Bryan