 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 803
Re: Victoria show in the spring?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 10:54:16 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Robin Sather writes:
Linking up with the Vic people is an A1 idea.

If we can get the Victoria people to pick us up at the ferry terminal, then
we'd only need to transport STUFF ourselves rather than people too. Of
course there is always the bus. And we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves
here. Do we want to do a show in Victoria, is the first question? It
probably involves staying overnight too.

My feeling is that this may be a little bigger bone than we can chew
on at this point.  I would like to see us do a couple more shows in
our own area before we take the show on the road.  Having said that, I
also think that a cooperative show with the Victoria crew would be a
blast.

Robin

I'm not trying to put _too_ much of a dampner on it, I wouldn't be back in
Victoria in March.  Mid April, yes, for a week, and then mid May.  I don't
_think_ that there is a show in the spring (it always used to be fall), give me
a day and I will have a answer. (asking show organizers)

I would be available to do the fall show, and likely have room to host some
people from Van. for it, as well as tables (I can make them, its no biggy for
me), and I have _all_ the straight track that we would need (I have 580
pieces), as well as curves & Points.

About coming over to the Island, that would likely leave only one van to come
over, which is around $100 return (that was for our car, the last time we went
over to Aldergrove).  Everyone else could probably walk on in Vancouver, and we
could arrange something at the vic end (in SEPT.) to get you and stuff to
downtown and then back.

Important lesson learned! _Bag_ lego that you bring across, in Ziplock bags one
per item.  It tends to fall apart!  I learned this flying Kenmore to Seattle to
a PNLTC show.  Which also brings up another point:  If I organize in Victoria,
it will be as the Victoria section of PNLTC, because I believe that that covers
us as well, and PNLTC already has 2 "separate" city groups (Portland and
Seattle)

James Powell