 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 782
Re: Thoughts on what to do next time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 01:51:19 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Track tables all the same height.  Since many places we might want to
exhibit (malls, shows) have tables available (we could have had them this
time),

I think different heights would be best. From low to high. I found this layout
too flat. Of course, it depends on our size of layout...

I suggest we let Dean and Alex keep their tables at home (and not
have to clear them off and lug them around and risk damaging them) and use
the supplied tables.

Well, we did have the tables built with shows in mind, and with future shows
where we want to have more varied layouts the configurablilitiness of them will
come in handy. It was our hope that others of the group would have tables made
and then everyone would bring them together to have lots of possibilities.

Heght and width clearance standards so we can run all our stock! I'll do
some experimenting with my tall crane and the wide PCC car and the long
dropped wagon baseplates to see what we should do about this.

Yes, I'll ask the pnltc and see what they have set for rules.

Improved monorail track setup so we can run 2 trains without having to
babysit them all the time, and so if a train leaves the tracks it only falls
to the table, not the floor.

Yes, and I can make a mindstorm controller system to manage the trains. That
would cool.

A display stand for the club banner, notices, Lego set boxes, etc etc etc

Definitely, the banner couldn't be seen with the mob around us!

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html