 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 777
776  |  778
Subject:
Thoughts on what to do next time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 23:42:57 GMT

Track tables all the same height.  Since many places we might want to
exhibit (malls, shows) have tables available (we could have had them this
time), I suggest we let Dean and Alex keep their tables at home (and not
have to clear them off and lug them around and risk damaging them) and use
the supplied tables. We can still have lower tables for water (which did
look great and I'd like to do again) but they should be spanned by removable
bridges, not the causeway we did this time, which was a pain in the neck to
get level and to slot in and to transport (it fell apart completely on the
way home - hard braking caused a load shift).

Some kind of barrier, either rope or plexiglass. Although I don't think we
lost anything this time, it was a bit hair-raising. I'd like to see the kids
still able to get close though, whatever we use. If we're using
show-supplied talbes, rope barrier would be the way to go (PVC plumbing pipe
set in concrete in lego buckets, with rope... I have 150ft climbing rope cut
into 3 sections which would work, plus quite a few buckets).

More lead time for building. Does anyone have a basement or other storage
space where we could store built models before a show? I can't live with my
living room full of large Lego buildings!

Better separation between buildings for independent building and easier
transport.

Heght and width clearance standards so we can run all our stock! I'll do
some experimenting with my tall crane and the wide PCC car and the long
dropped wagon baseplates to see what we should do about this.

Improved monorail track setup so we can run 2 trains without having to
babysit them all the time, and so if a train leaves the tracks it only falls
to the table, not the floor.

Improved track layout so we can run several independent trains without
standing over the controller. More "parking" area for stock not currently
running.

2 Thomas engines (or Thomas plus another eg James) so he's always running
somewhere for the kids without one motor having to run non-stop all day.

More space for the passenger station so we have a long platform for a long
metroliner (and 4561) train and the station buildings can look more
realistic and less squashed up.

A display stand for the club banner, notices, Lego set boxes, etc etc etc

more....???

Kevin