 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 799
Re: Thoughts on what to do next time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:49:01 GMT

Most places (malls, halls, etc.) will have some tables, and yes, most
will be a "similar" height.  But there is ALWAYS a good chance that
they will be off by 0.5", for example, which would be no problem for
bingo night, or a raffle ticket selling table.  Or perhaps there is a
wobbly set of legs that may go crash at any moment.  Of course, there
is the dreaded "table sag" that some of these old girls suffer from.

However, my idea was not that we should transport
them, but that *if* they are reliably (Robin makes good points about
surprises) available at the show location, it would be convenient not to
have to transport tables at all.

My experience is that this is simply not the case.  If you are not
bringing your stuff along, eventually you are going to get snagged.

Robin