 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 259
Re: Friday October 13 & McPherson Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:42:27 GMT

The next meeting will take place on Friday Oct. 13th.  The theme will be,
appropriately enough, Pirates. And if people attending could attire
themselves similarly, it would be even more fun!
(LOL) I dread to think...
Regardless, there's a good chance I can't make it (Friday, after all... my
significant other would probably lodge a significant protest. She's a lot
tougher than she looks)

However...
° Technic:

I don't have much out and assembled, but I do have that wonderful ship
that I brought to the club a few months ago:

    http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8839
As it turns out, Technic is about the only line from TLC where I leave the
original models assembled as is (Also the larger Model Team ones, but I
digress. No, you don't want my model team stuff... it's even dustier than my F-
15 was. But dusty technic looks okay, mostly because it's thin girders as
opposed to large surface areas)

Assembled Technic I never disassembled:
Red Technic Test car
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8865
Red Technic motorcycle from a few years ago (can't remember the name or number)
All 3 Star Wars droids (minus pit droid tools; I have no idea if the set was
missing those parts or if my cats ran off with them, so I never called Lego
for replacements.) I built the Destroyer Droid incorrectly (it LOOKS right,
but doesn't properly spring open... so you can use it for display purposes but
not for a functional demo. This is the first set I ever screwed up
functionally ... I can't WAIT to disassemble it all and start again.)
Yellow Pontoon plane -- for personal reasons I really don't want this one to
be a 'hands on' display, but it can quietly sit somewhere.

Model Team: only the white Highway Rig (VERY dusty) which I'm just starting on
making a double-width minifig scale version of. (btw, the real reason for the
scale I chose is that it's to the same rough scale most of the Star Wars line
is in, using the 2 seater LandSpeeder as a starting point. Not some strange
aversion to road plates)
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=5580

I doubt I'll be there, but I can certainly leave a number these sets in the
care of either Dean and Alex, or Bryan (mostly because they're the only ones I
know who live conveniently close to myself)

Oh, also the UCS X-Wing (Dave and Bryan both have one also).

Optimus is sturdy enough if he's left as a truck; otherwise he's fairly
fragile (I'm work on that later). And the big F-15 Eagle looks good next to
the X-Wing, hint hint.

Keep me posted about what you'd need.
Alexander Mark Wilburn