 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 272
Re: Friday October 13 & McPherson Center *Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 02:25:01 GMT

Robin Sather wrote:

Ok The event is on Oct. 14th.

Ouch, a week earlier.

Their web page is  http://www.computerfair.bc.ca/

I've been perusing their site for past users groups that have
participated, and every one that's listed in '98 and '99 is directly
computer related, with the possible exception of the class video game
club.

That's the club I was with... It was fun...

So, now I'm wondering if this is actually an appropriate place
for us to be?  Will we be completely out of place?  Dean, can you shed
a little more light on this?

Let's hear everyone's thoughts.

I've been thinking about that. I was finally contacted and they do want
computer related content.

I guess I was still in VCVGC mode (www.vcvgc.bc.ca) when I was thinking of
this event.

On second thoughts I'm now not so sure it's a good idea. Bargain hunters
everywhere. I remember having to keep a close eye on people and running
after them saying "That's not a free grabs table there bud! Hand it over."

Kevin posted a good venue perhaps. I've talked to other people that try to
get displays in malls and what not and they say it's hard to get people to
'sign on' until you've done a few yourself. The PNLTC has a guy that does
that full time. (If memory serves)

I was thinking today about the Vancouver Library downtown. If we could get
a spot there for a weekend (if it's open on the weekends anymore) that
would boost our image..

Who knows how to approach them though...

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html