 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 253
Re: Friday October 13 & McPherson Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 02:22:23 GMT

<bits & pieces snipped>

Why are we doing it?  Well, the reason bandied around is ostensibly to
attract more members, and that very well might happen.  However, my
personal take on it is just that it will be fun!!!  These kinds of
things are just a hoot to put on.  You get to show off your stuff, and
have all these regular mortals oohing and aahing (and "pawing") over
it.  Whatever the reason, I think that it could be a great time.

My reason: "have all these regular mortals oohing and aahing over it!"  :)

I'm willing to help coordinate in any way that I can.  Dean and Alex,
let me know when you have more info from the McPherson people.

Here's my biggest problem: I'd love to help out, but my time is *quite*
limited by school and/or schoolwork.  I don't know how busy others are with
their jobs, but school just started and I've got several assignments due later
this week already!  Even worse, mid-October is the time of my midterms, so
I'll hafta be very efficient with my time management!

Or rather, we should present what we all have, so that we, as a group,
can select the best stuff for this particular show.  See above.

Is somebody making a list of who's got what?  Actually, I think that among all
of us, it will be difficult to find a set that NONE of us have.

According to my records, in that stash I also have the following two
sets, which may be familiar to some of you.   ;-)
    http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6399

Gasp!  The fabled Airport Shuttle!  :)

° Castle: Brian Wong, it would be great to enlist your help in this area.

My castle should be finished by then, and could be displayed.

Now would be a good time for me to state that my castle (the one I brought in
earlier) does not exist anymore!  But I'd be happy to build something grey and
large for the purposes of this display.

I won't be offended or take it "too" personally if none of this stuff
gets used to show.  I just offer it up as available.  I've also got
tons more stuff available (around 300 sets), mostly in old town and
old space, from the "auction" collection.  It's mostly unbuilt, and
some even unsorted, so will require lots of work to get complete and
ready, so the sooner I know what's needed, the better.

Wow, lots of great ideas.  Would love it if we could implement all of them!

So yes, the important thing is knowing how much space (if any) we've been
allotted.  Then we can start cracking!

Bryan

P.S. I have a list of all my sets at:

http://www.geocities.com/lt8448/lego/sets.html