 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 248
Re: Friday October 13 & McPherson Center
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:41:54 GMT

Alexandria Husby wrote:

° Train: Dean will bring some track and his trains.  Depending upon space,
some additional rolling stock would be nice.

I can bring my track (hoping that the remaining straight track will have
arrived from Seattle by then!) including 4 switches, the blue passenger
train, a Metroliner train, and hopper cars. We're going to need a
passenger station as well as Dean's enlarged 4555, I may be able to
rebuild my 2150 for that. Extra platform pieces from anyone who has them
would also be good (maybe we can use light ones for the train station
and dark ones for a dock, or vice versa).

° Town: I believe Kevin and David together have enough to cover this.

I have mixed feelings about this... my buildings don't look right next
to stock lego sets as I build to a more realistic minifog scale, and
that makes it that the Victorian House is the same heights as the
4-story police cmmand centre. Looks funny <g>. Still, we'll see what we
can come up with, and it depends very much on teh track laout and how
much space we have for buildings. A row of low relief (fronts only)
buildings behind teh train tracks would look god and be quicker to build
than separate buildings.

° Monorail: I believe Robin said that he had boxes of monorail track.  And I
also believe that Kevin and David also have monorail track and some monorail
cars.

A big monorail layout would be great, and of course if you set it up
right they just run themselves. I have 1 train and some track, no
switches. We'll also need lots of 1x4 grey joiner plates, and the
support pilars, as well as the track. PNLTC pre-built a load of pillars
and just used them as they needed them which is a good idea.

° Pirates: I believe Kevin, Robin and David all have some great Pirate sets.

Yep, there can be 2 Armada Warships, a cutter, a small island outpost
fortlet, and maybe some small ships too. A big pirate fortress would be
great.

° Castle: Brian Wong, it would be great to enlist your help in this area.

I wonder if we can make it look like Bryan's castle is at the end of the
town, next to teh water, so it looks like a historic building from teh
town side and we can have the pirates attacking it from teh otehr side!

° Space: Claus, David -- it would be great to have your input in this area.
Perhaps we could also bring some Star Wars kits in as well.

I can bring Lizzie's X-wing (just because it's built), it would be great
to have standard and UCS X- and Y-wings on display side by side. The
Space Shuttle might or might not be done by then.

° Technic: Dave, a contribution from your vast collection would be
wonderful.

° Belleville: I'm not sure if it's appropriate, but I was thinking of
bringing some of my Belleville stuff.

Sure! After all, teh Technic isn't minifig scale either. Anyone got any
Scala or old Homemakers sets?

The sets that are brought do not have to necessarily be right from the
box -- they could be your own MOC's.  Mark, your Optimus Prime would be very
cool as would be some of Claus' nanofig scale MOC's.

I'd rather see *mostly* MOC's and official sets only for special
reasons.

Could everyone please confirm, add their own thoughts, and bring up any
other issues related to this matter.  We have approximately one month.
Let's make this first public event one that everyone will remember!

How about we contact Lego and ask them for S@H catalogs to distribute,
and Lego signs to display?

Would anyone think it inappropriate if i have Lions Gate Models flyers
available to give out to anyone interested in my kits? Is there any
issue about that with teh venue, Dean, ie mixing user group and a small
amount of commercial use (since I imagine commercial displays pay at
this event, and user groups don't, they may have restrictions).

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page:
Open Air Market: Limited edition kit
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-mrkt.htm