 Organizations / Canada / VLC / *1350 (-20)
  Re: Updated VLC Site

(...) No, *I* am very sorry I missed Saturday/Sunday (argh!). Yes Bryan even reminded me... Doh. (Stuff just came up. As Usual). Hope somebody taped it/ took pics? Mark W. (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Future of the club

We need to discuss the NEXT show now. Since one of the two is fast approaching. I don't really want to go all the way to chiliwak so what is the other one(s)? Dean (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Rope & Plexi revisited

(...) Darn, I forgot the link to the pic... (URL) can clearly see how they have it set up... Dean (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Rope & Plexi revisited

(...) 6" inches would be good. I've been looking over the pics of the PNLTC tables and noticed a few things. They are using tables similar to mine but are thicker wood on top and have folding legs attached. They use PVC pipe on the legs to match the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Congrats, Everyone!

"Robin Sather" <robinsather@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3b704c92.124983...net.com... (...) That's awesome! Don't forget your tazer and cattle prod... ahem. heh heh. Charge lots! Speaking of $$$, we'll have to discuss fund raising for the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Congrats, Everyone!

It was awesome indeed. Comments and things: Mostly, people wanted to buy the following "kits": David's sky train, David's gondola, all Robin's Harry Potter stuff, and Dean's drive in. The question most asked, "what kit is (insert one of the above)?" (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Meeting of the Space Heads

good for Xan and TFM. Xan -- Xandria's Lego Realm: (URL) Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:B7959DD5.14CC5%...ink.com... (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Rope & Plexi revisited

(...) Nothing is silly. All your points are extremely valid. I think we should pursue the discussion, decide, and make it happen. (...) We had been thinking of a 6 inch wall of plexi all around. Assuming our current layout, and some sort of wooden (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Congrats, Everyone!

(...) One woman spent about half an hour around the Harry Potter corner, and took my name and number. She's having a HP themed birthday party for her son at the end of August, and will pay me to bring my portion of the layout for display at the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Meeting of the Space Heads

How does September 14th sound to you Vancouver folks? ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Rope & Plexi revisited

All very good points, Robin. I'll not add to this discussion any further for fear of endless banter about silly little things. Plexi would be in the lead for me provided there is some height to the plexi (not just 2 inches). And you can clean the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Rope & Plexi revisited

Robin Sather wrote in message <3b701f5a.920171@lugnet.com>... (...) Very quick comment - the rope would be lent, not donated, as I have other uses for it. However, it cost me $25 for 50m of used climbing rope so it would not be hard to buy more (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Congrats, Everyone!

(...) Yes, it was lots of fun working together! I must admit, it was quite hectic at times. But the feeling of satisfaction, and sense of accomplishment, is unparalleled. Here are some things that I heard and saw over the weekend: -One woman asked (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Congrats, Everyone!

I just wanted to post a quick note to all who participated in putting together the weekend's show. You did a fantastic job! Thanks for all the sacrifices that each of you made, in time and money, to make it happen. When we all work together, great (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Future of the club

(...) I'm sorry that you got stuck with this, by default, but you should be taking names and numbers. If we do initiate some of the ideas that we tossed around at the show (workshops, etc.), those callers would be prime candidates. Robin (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Rope & Plexi revisited

OK, here goes ... <Devil's advocate mode ON> (...) For most, I think. Most kids at our display were with parents, and even if the plexi wasn't a barrier for the kids, it would clue the parents in to keep the kids from reaching over the top, etc. Of (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: VLC on Global News....

(...) There was a crew from CTV (channel 8, cable 11), and then later, a crew from Global (channel 10, cable 13). Unfortunately, I missed all the stories. If David got it on tape, maybe we can get copies. Conversely, do you think we could get copies (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Storage space?

(...) Hehe...It took David and I quite a while to figure how they fit together, and we still got it messed up! It was during tear-down that we noticed the labelled boxes! (...) A *lot* of pictures were taken, both by us and by the public. They will (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Storage space?

Dean Husby wrote in message <3B6CC1AA.42035511@a....bc.ca>... (...) we (...) I'm back! Looked at the pics of the first day, everything looks great, nice job guys... except my city block is not arranged as I designed it, so the best building is (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Rope & Plexi revisited

Okay, gang: One of several things we'll need to discuss soon -- rope and plexi barriers. I think we still need a barrier for shows. Following is a list of Pros and Cons for each -- please add your two cents as well because I doubt I got everything: (...) (23 years ago, 7-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact