 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1338
Re: Congrats, Everyone!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 19:22:15 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Robin Sather writes:
I just wanted to post a quick note to all who participated in putting
together the weekend's show.  You did a fantastic job!  Thanks for all
the sacrifices that each of you made, in time and money, to make it
happen.  When we all work together, great things can happen!  It was a
pleasure for me to work (and play) with all of you.

Yes, it was lots of fun working together!  I must admit, it was quite hectic
at times.  But the feeling of satisfaction, and sense of accomplishment, is
unparalleled.

Here are some things that I heard and saw over the weekend:

-One woman asked if the train station roof was one-piece.  I told her no,
and she said to her partner, "See, I told you so!"

-Another pair were looking at the exhibits, and the female thought our
display was really cool whereas her partner didn't look too interested.  He
was more interested in the display near us with the bell...

-One parent had a Lego-themed birthday party for her daughter.  They made a
pinata in the form of a minifig-head (with sunglasses).  She didn't mind
extra copies of sets that her friends bought her - a true sign of a
Lego-maniac!  :)

Feel free to add more stories!

-Bryan