 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1348
Re: Rope & Plexi revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 21:05:30 GMT

Dean Husby wrote:

Robin Sather wrote:

We had been thinking of a 6 inch wall of plexi all around.  Assuming
our current layout, and some sort of wooden frame around the plexi (or
at least on the bottom), we'll have a minimum height of a full 6
inches from the table top.  We can cut all the panels we need from 1
4' x 8' sheet of plexi.

6" inches would be good. I've been looking over the pics of the PNLTC tables and
noticed a few things.

They are using tables similar to mine but are thicker wood on top and have folding
legs attached. They use PVC pipe on the legs to match the height to 36". The PVC
can also be different lengths for water, and what not. They also BOLT the Plexi
directly to the tables. At 6 inches high (I'm assuming the actual plexi is higher
to be ok for the table length plus the viewing area).

I think, in the long run, this type of table could be a good idea for the club to
own as a whole. Our tables are very nice but them legs start to be a pain.
ATTACHED legs sound like a dream. But make the tables heavier.

Dean

Darn, I forgot the link to the pic...

You can clearly see how they have it set up...

Dean