 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9431
Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:16:19 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:
Can I have a diploma or something? I have actually driven a LEGO-bot made by a
guy in rtlToronto!

Or perhaps a medal?

You can have an octopus, but you'll either have to pick it up at an event or
dinner, OR pay for shipping to Europe.

An *octopus*??? I had *no idea* you were secretly a Red Wings fan, Calum...

++Lar (who actually thinks throwing sea creatures onto hockey rinks is kind of
lame but it's better than rioting)

Tradition is tradition.  I can't remember why I know about the octopus thing ,
but somehow I remember reading about it.

http://proicehockey.about.com/library/blquestions_octopus.htm

As for why the octopus is now a tradition in rtlToronto, it's because back in
1994 or 1995, way before any of this Lugnet stuff, I bought five octopuses from
someone's homemade auction (this was way before EBay, BrickLink, AuctionBrick,
scalpers, etc) because I didn't have one.  At whatever price it was, it sounded
like such a great deal.

Anyways, I've never had a use for them since, so I give them out as "prizes" for
stupid things like guessing lyrical references in rtlToronto train layouts or in
this matter, for random Scandinavians driving a Lego robot in Hamilton.

Calum