 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9398
Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:02:31 GMT

Well, I just spent fifteen minutes banging around and it's really cool!
Makes me want to put a webbot together.

Hope I didn't wake you up. It's 5:45am here. :-) (don't ask what I'M doing
up at this crazy hour)

The only suggestions I would offer are...

It would be cool if the camera could be closer to the floor to allow a
wider range of view. At first I felt pretty restricted. I got used to it,
but it would help to be able to see what you're doing on a large-scale
view. Having the camera down at the bot's point of view would be cool too.

Also, the response time is pretty slow. Is there a way to speed it up?

Great work! The rover held up great for me and I wasn't being the best
manipulator. :)

~Mike