 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9409
Re: Web controlled robot back up and ready!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 14:48:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Phillips wrote:
Well, mostly ready--I put the 'bot together during SNL last night...

Anyway, with much further ado and fanfare--

http://sparky.i989.net/legocam.htm

Try it!

If you have ideas for improving or enhancing the RoboCam'Bot, or other ideas for
a web controlled 'bot, drop me a line.

Take care,

Dave K

This is one sweet WebBot!  I haven't had this much fun stacking blocks since
yesterday!  Very nice job.  I like the way the arm works, too, where it lifts a
block only if the grippers actually grab a block.

Could you post a few pictures of the robot itself?  After steering it around for
awhile, I felt like I was in a scene from Being John Malchovich.

- Chris.

Hey Chris,

THanks for the good review!  If you want to see pics of the actual 'bot, I have
some of the original that I had up a year ago--

http://sparky.i989.net/legocam.htm

Just scroll down and you'll see the 'bot as it was back then.  The one in the
arena right now is not identical (didn't make plans of the 'bot, see--that was a
mistake), but virtually the same in all the ways that matter.  I'll put pics of
hte new one up when I finalize the design--there are still a few hardware issues
I'd like to fix, like blocks geting stuck on top of the 'bot, and maybe work on
the camera angle.

Again, thanks for checking it out!

Dave K