 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8792
Re: rtlToronto15 January issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 03:00:17 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

Back on topic,  The major problem I see with rtl15 is maze strength.  If we have
terminated bad branches, I'm not sure the thing will stay together.  Hence, I
wanted to build it stronger, using the bad branches as part of the structure.

We can still do bad branches as terminations, but use them as part of the
structure, just mark off the bad paths.

Or we can be nice and offer secondary paths on the bad branches.

I think you've got a good idea here.  If we build it right, we wouldn't
have to rebuild it to have a different maze for subsequent rounds, we
could just mark different paths through the maze.

I don't like the idea of having more then one correct path.  I think if
you go down the wrong path it should be considered a failure.  Scored up
to the point of the wrong turn.

We could consider making flanges that could be clamped into the middle
of the wrong paths.  This would give a dead end the robot could detect.
The robot could then go back and try again.  A second chance of sorts if
you miss read the markings.

Derek