 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8768
Re: rtlToronto15 January issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:06:59 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Hey folks,

rtlToronto15: In light of someone calling rtl15 sumo on pipes, I was thinking
about turning rtl15 into an actual nonlinear path.  Meaning, instead of having
only one true path, having the other joints forming an entire grid.

Every joint has the "right way" pointed to get to the other objective (where the
opposing robot starts) but following the wrong way can also lead you to joints
where you can return to the "right way".

This allows for a much more rigid maze.

Comments?

Would this mean then that robots would need to be able to lift guidewheels to
clear branching points? That's how I read what you say about "grid", that there
are tee/Y/cross pipe parts and not just bends.

As Calum announced at the BrickFest event, (I believe) the plan for Pipe Racers
Pro is the addition of y's and tees.

-Rob.