 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8771
Re: rtlToronto15 January issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:16:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Would this mean then that robots would need to be able to lift guidewheels to
clear branching points? That's how I read what you say about "grid", that there
are tee/Y/cross pipe parts and not just bends.

Yup.  That's always been the deal with rtl15, to be able to traverse T or Y
shapes.  But previously, the rtl15 competition was to be one true path and the
other path would always terminate.  I'm suggesting we don't terminate, but
instead offer alternate good paths.

Calum

So Calum you are suggesting that the shortest path would be the marked path, but
if a robot goofs up, and turns the wrong way, it can continue, and take a
longer, route that will still lead it to the critical path.

Calum, are you being influanced by your Project Managment experience... Do we
have an estimated time for completion baised on the critical path?

:)

Jeff
Sleepy and at work... Two things that NEVER seem to work together... Unless you
get paid to sleep :)