 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8779
Re: rtlToronto15 January issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:35:01 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Schilling wrote:

I mentioned the following solution at BrickFest, but I'll post it here again:

If you were to combine the Canadian pipe and the US pipe you have, another
solution is to have the 'correct path' be all black Canadian PVC, and all the
'wrong' paths be white US PVC. (Joints can be either colour, and should be
ignored.)

Okay, except it looks like most people will have ABS black pipe.

Of course this method doesn't help a robot try to get back to the one true path,
( the Canadian one :-) but a robot will always know where it is. An added bonus
is that SH will have to admit that the Canadian path is the one true path in
order to even have a chance at winning :-)

That's true :)

The deal with that is that you have to be clear of the joint to know you're on
the right path.  Without a "path checker" out front, there's a 50% of chance you
went the wrong way.

I think we're leaning towards knowing where you want to go as you approach the
joint.

Calum