 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8774
Re: rtlToronto15 January issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:31:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
So Calum you are suggesting that the shortest path would be the marked path, but
if a robot goofs up, and turns the wrong way, it can continue, and take a
longer, route that will still lead it to the critical path.

Calum, are you being influanced by your Project Managment experience... Do we
have an estimated time for completion baised on the critical path?

Sad thing is I learned CPM techniques in first year, but the best implementation
I've ever seen is in our GPS lab, where they put on the whiteboard whoever's
behind the 8 ball.  It gets people working FAST, and no need for CPM charting
either.

Back on topic,  The major problem I see with rtl15 is maze strength.  If we have
terminated bad branches, I'm not sure the thing will stay together.  Hence, I
wanted to build it stronger, using the bad branches as part of the structure.

We can still do bad branches as terminations, but use them as part of the
structure, just mark off the bad paths.

Or we can be nice and offer secondary paths on the bad branches.

I'm reminded by a game called "Sam and Max Hit the Road" where you could never
actually get a Game Over-the game was always winnable whatever the path of
choices you took.

I'd like to think rtl15 could be like that...except the best robots wouldn't
ever need the secondary path.

Calum