 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8756
Re: rtlToronto15 January issues
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:21:10 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I *think* that's Iain's way of saying "the different path requirement is not
really a good idea" but I'm not sure. :-)

Forgot the smiley.  :)

I'm still wondering about the joint question... didn't most of the bots at BF
have rigid guidewheels that would be incompatible with branching in the piping?
If so, that makes this contest a lot different (which is a good thing one would
assume).

I think the joints are going to be very hard.  The only thing I could think of
doing, was have the robot somehow open on one side... and have all the drive
wheels rotatable so that you could either a) drive your robot forward, or b)
rotate axially about the pope to align your robot with the split in the T.

But it's all so very complex...

    Iain