 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6940
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/beep1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 20:00:34 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Trevyn Watson writes:
David Koudys wrote:
By the way, Calum, I'm somewhat annoyed at the short notice. I mean, you
expect me to come all the way from Ottawa for 10:00 AM, when you only
posted the rules at 9:00? Hmm, maybe I could program my bot on the way...

Yes, this short notice thing is really pissing me off, also.

But I can live with it.  And the rule against entries from Lafayette, I can
live with that, also.

So, a friend of mine, who lives in West Lafayette (clearly not Lafayette),
wants me to tell you about his robot.  He's been working on it all morning,
and he got it working just in time for 1:00 qualifying.

For the robot, he went with the KISS approach.  No frills.  However, the
software is a bit more complex.  He had a problem with the loop routine
causing an endless sub to return 0, but now he made it function.

In case you don't believe it works, here's a picture taken on his test field
at EXACTLY three minutes after the start of the match:

http://perso.freelug.org/legway/Robots/rtl14a.JPG

I helped him by taking video of his 3 minute match, which I'm uploading
right now.  However, it's an 11mb file, and I have dial-up, so it will take
about as long to upload as it takes me to drive up there.

It's clear this entry should win, so please send me the first place prize.

I mean send it to my friend.

Steve