 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6451
Re: SMASH up DERBY!!! date set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:34:16 GMT

Angelo Castellano wrote:

As I mentioned at the dinner, where we swore allegiance to the Queen, r/c club
use clothes pins to monitor which frequecy is in use.  Some larger events
demand you surrender your controller when you enter.  When you have the clothes
pin, you get the controller.  Else it stays in an separate area.  ( Keep in
mind the cost of some of these model planes.  Noone disagrees with this rule )

Angelo

Gee, Angelo, the *serious* techheads put autopilots in their aircraft so
that if it becomes clear that the freqs are jamming, they return and do
a flaps-down landing on the emergency runway using the two VORs you set
up at the start of the event.

You guys *do* set up VORs for your field at the events, right?

:)

Jeff E