 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6450
Re: SMASH up DERBY!!! date set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:21:23 GMT

Chris,

We're currently planning to run a non-public train workshop the March 1
weekend.  So if you *care* about where the Jeffs, Derek, Dave and Calum
are during the RC event, you might want to avoid that weekend.

As for colliding with KotH, I dunno, I finished version 1 of my Last Bot
Standing entry this morning, and I don't think this robotics stuff is
particularly complicated or time consuming, so I wouldn't worry about
conflicts. :)

Just to post the first Anti-X time:  1 minute, 4 seconds.  But it only
solves anti-X; if you go half-X, half-anti-X, it just drops the blocks.
Also, I've gone to 2x2x2 blocks instead of standard 3x3x3, to conserve
space and weight.  As for how long it takes the bot to climb onto the
pedestal?  That's classified :)

Jeff E

Chris Magno wrote:

lastly, I want to do this event SOON!!!  so I figure Feb, 22.
I think that is cutting it a little TOO close.
Another week after maybe?

OK, how about this.....

monday Angelo can call his supplier and find out about exact order
dates... my only reason for doing this soon is cause MARCH 15 is king of
the hill....

I didn't want an event too close to march 15...

so I will wait till angelo posts how soon he can get them, then you have
a week to build after that.

I'm starting right now.... as soon as I put abby to bed..... BUT then
I'm gonna....

--
Chris