 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6431
6430  |  6432
Subject:
SMASH up DERBY!!! date set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 21:46:49 GMT

OK, I've cleared off my lego table.

I'm about to build a lego/znap hybrid that will surround my RC car guts.

the IDEA is simple.  I dare you to build a RC "car" that you will feel
confidant putting in the ring against my RC car.  last car moving...
wins!

the ring will be the standard 8' x 8' play field.

the rules:

1.  use only lego products. and standard building practices.
2. ANYTHING GOES!!! RCX, ZNAP, what ever (the car has to run with the
27MHz 3 ch receiver)
3. you just might break some lego, so if you cant handle that DON'T
ENTER.
4. this mini event will be held at the warehouse of my work on a weekend
SO... you will have to pre register by sending me an e-mail, space will
be limited.
5. this event is not going to be open to the public..... Sorry. its a
trial run of a new style of game.  if this works, then we will bring it
out in public. (that's why you have to pre register)

I think we have a way to get RC cars at a bit of a discount from the
regular TRU price of $180, our very own Angelo says that he can get them
in a week or so..... ASK HIM!   he'll post more later on.

lastly, I want to do this event SOON!!!  so I figure Feb, 22.

wadda ya say?

you up for a little smash and grab.... Dave? ready to take your barbie
out of her car?  how 'bout you Bruce... think you can handle it? or are
you still timing your showers??

Chris