 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4232
Re: Train Storage Carousel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:05:33 GMT

Interesting rtlToronto factoid:  Both Chris and I have run vending machines.

When you say "have run" do you mean you were the person who kept them fed
with product, emptied out the cash, reset prices, etc. or something else?

If so, me too! I used to "run" (for about 2 years) the pop machine at my
fraternity house. It used the old style 10 oz returnable glass pop bottles
that came in wooden cases of 24, straight from the bottling company in
Hancock across the canal.

I rejiggered it so that, for special occasions, it would dispense longnecks
of beer as well as pop. (had to set it back before the next pop delivery, it
wasn't exactly approved practice to vend beer) Unfortunately it was a pretty
old machine and did not allow for individual item pricing, so when I did
that, the pop sales would fall way off (who is gonna pay 50 cents for a pop
when it was normally 20 cents) because I had to set the price to cover the
beer costs.

Profits went to support the foosball table, which kept getting rods busted.
We finally had someone's dad who worked in a major auto manufacturer's
prototupe tool and die shop make us some titanium rods. Those never broke
but they played funny.