 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4233
Re: rtlToronto/live1 Event Info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:24:38 GMT

Just wanted to point out something on the IR Code Assignments.
First of all it might be a good idea to avoid using Message(0), i.e. set the
range for the Controller-1 to 1 throu' 18. Reason being if you do a
ClearMessage() the Message() is set to a zero, instead of a zero-length
string ("") or null, hence triggering any Message()==0 conditions and making
the RCX think that button A is pressed.
Secondly what happened to all the 'break' (button release) assignments?
Those are so useful! I know, I know it's fun to see a bot fly off the table
because someone forgot where the 'stop' button is mapped, but this is NHL
(Not-quite Hockey League) we're talking about here!

At any rate, here is my proposed button mapping:
http://darkivn.tripod.com/buttonmap.html

Just realized - there aren't any weight restrictions, hmm that's an
interesting development...

Ivan

Calum Tsang <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message
Hi folks,

Addled by the sounds of Bruce Cockburn's "If A Tree Falls", I've got the
rtlLive1 event information up for proofing:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-050002-rules.html

I've been a bit late on this one, mainly because we need to survey the
Lillian H Smith site for IR conditions.  Those of you who came to rtl10.1
saw that the High Quality University of Toronto Institutional Flourescents
caused havoc with the IR towers, so we probably should go out there and • run
a few tests before we commit to a date.

Chris, this is your cue to start finalizing rtl11 rules so they can go up • on
the site.

Calum