 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4231
Re: Robot circus Saturday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:55:16 GMT

4/18/2002 6:38:19 PM, "Rob Stehlik" <robbby31@hotmail.com> wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Dan O'Connell writes:
Nice to meet with some of you last Friday. Too bad we had
to rush away just when things looked like they were really
getting started.

I'm sorry I missed it! I just looked at the TSME site, and am very
impressed. I can't fathom how someone could possibly have the resources,
knowledge, skill, and time to make things like turret lathes, violins, and
engines from scratch.

Some of these guys are retired pattern makers or tool and die makers.
Means that they have been at it for 25+ years!

You guys are true artisans.

Well some of them are. I am in the hacker class. :-)

We are just punk kids that
throw some plastic parts together once in a while.

Don't be too hard on yourselves. I feel that Lego is a tool that allows
you to do things that are difficult or impossible to do otherwise.

That being said, there
are merits to Lego, though. You can always take it apart and build something
else. Its incredibly versatile for prototyping.

OK. I think you said it better. :-)

Maybe rtToronto could pay a
visit to a TSME meting! We could bring our best robots and give a little
show and tell. So, what do you think guys? Do we have anything worthy enough
to show?

Great idea!  We would be more than pleased to have you come
by.

The next meeting is May 10th. Can you put something together for
then?

DOC

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: