 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2442
Re: Retail rant, was Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 01:37:59 GMT

G'Day
I agree 8277 The Giant Model Set is the BEST source for Technic parts, over
time I have now scouped up 7 of them, the only way to get good parts!  And I
only had to pay full retail for one, the rest were sales at 40-60% off.  If
anyone knows where there are any left let us know.
And yes 6776's are still around, I have not yet decided whether it was silly
to pull them or not, but talk about bumping up a sets value overnight!  But
then again they are only going for $41US on eBay at least as of 09:30PM EST
with about an hour to go.
Cheers
Oliver
Play Well

This email verification thingie is a pain in the butt when working from home
!

"Richard Noeckel" <Shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message
What I am worried about are the folks that don't post, don't contribute,
but scalp on Ebay.  Trust me, they're out there.

Oh, I see, so my initial "let's help the community" would be taken • advantage
of by the AFOL who see the hobby purely as profit. Then I apologize for
responding to Chris in that manner. I guess he's just more aware of the
Lego-Dark Side.

In fact, I'd be almost safe to say there are almost no cool Toronto Lego • secrets anymore

Actually, I do have a few really super-secret independent Lego shops that • I
visit, but thanks to both your warnings I won't post this info the general
public. Sad really, how a few opportunist can ruin things for the rest of • us.

Zellers is by far the best for deals, the Bay/Sears are often very small • and
poorly faced/rotated, TRU is a frickin ripoff, and Eatons isn't even in
contention. Once in a while, you'll see something roll around in Costco
but nothing advertised.

I do agree with you, that a compound Zellers sale, (BOBO 50% + 10% door
crasher + 10 % getting a Zellers card = The BEST discount on Lego in • Canada)
Winners, and Costco are at the top as well!

I've only bought bulk buckets, tubs and clearance Star Wars/Creator sets

Have you been able to locate the 1200 pc bulk tub?
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3033
If so could you e-mail me the location?

and clearance Star Wars/Creator sets to scrounge for interesting • elements.
I own two or three Gungan Subs I bought at 50-60% off just for slopes and
plates.

I actually think Star Wars sets are quite useful in construction of • everything.
Especially at 50-75% off!!! And the elements are always cool and the sets
are of intrest, even though they will ultimately be taken apart for MOC's.

no one sells Technic beyond $50 "Play" junk.  One of the things that • really
irks me about Technic

For all you Bridge builders and Technic Robot fans I present to you the • best
Technic parts pack ever.sure it's yellow, but I've only ever seen this set
on extreme discount! And if you can still find one you'll be very lucky • indeed.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8277
(The set has sixteen 1x16 beams)

                                              --==Richard==--