 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2432
Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:20:11 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Richard Noeckel writes:
Where are the 5 (five) -BEST- stores in your area that sell Lego.
This survey will enable all of us to discern which locations are wroth
visiting and which are not so good.

Well as others have said you don't want to give away all your secrets. :-)

But for me, I find I buy most of my lego from Zellars.  Doesn't really matter
which one, I go to several.  They all seem to have slightly different stock.

The Bay Yonge and Queen, is good.  Although it tends to be about 6 months
behind in its stock.  I find their prices are the same or better then
Zellars.  20% off sales become more frequent as Christmas approches.  The Bay
Yonge and Boor is not as good, but has a few surprises now and then.  They had
the Gungan Sub, Naboo Swamp comb for 25% off a couple of weeks ago.  Got 4 of
them.

Winners, I've never found anything good at Winners since I passed on a Red
Beard Runner about 4 years ago.  It was a third the price of the current S@H
version.  I guess I'm suffering the pirates curse.

Countryside Toy Outlet, the original Lego store, located just north of
Waterloo.  This place is excelent, especialy since the fall of S@H Canada.
They managed to get most of the remaining stock.  Unfortunately they are now
running out of that supply.  I was there a week ago, they had almost nothing.
Apparently they are having trouble getting what they want from the States.  The
recent difficulties down there have made things even worse.  The last shipment
that made it through only contained Duplo.

Finally S@H, lately I find I do most of my shopping through them.  As Calum
said all the good stuff is only available through S@H.  I just wish they had
more specials.  Like discounts for buying bulk in bulk.  Now thats its
becoming hard to find 1200 piece buckets bulk will be the main source for basic
bricks.

I think a lot of retailers here are having trouble getting stock.  I was in
London last weekend.  I went to a Zellars and the self was almost bare.  The
Sears wasn't much better.  Didn't end up getting anything.

Anyway, those are my main sources.

Derek