 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2434
Re: Retail rant, was Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 16:51:30 GMT

What I am worried about are the folks that don't post, don't contribute,
but scalp on Ebay.  Trust me, they're out there.

Oh, I see, so my initial “let’s help the community” would be taken advantage
of by the AFOL who see the hobby purely as profit. Then I apologize for
responding to Chris in that manner. I guess he’s just more aware of the
Lego-Dark Side…

In fact, I'd be almost safe to say there are almost no cool Toronto Lego secrets anymore

Actually, I do have a few really super-secret independent Lego shops that I
visit, but thanks to both your warnings I won’t post this info the general
public. Sad really, how a few opportunist can ruin things for the rest of us.

Zellers is by far the best for deals, the Bay/Sears are often very small and
poorly faced/rotated, TRU is a frickin ripoff, and Eatons isn't even in
contention. Once in a while, you'll see something roll around in Costco
but nothing advertised.

I do agree with you, that a compound Zellers sale, (BOBO 50% + 10% door
crasher + 10 % getting a Zellers card = The BEST discount on Lego in Canada)
Winners, and Costco are at the top as well!

I've only bought bulk buckets, tubs and clearance Star Wars/Creator sets

Have you been able to locate the 1200 pc bulk tub?
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3033
If so could you e-mail me the location?

and clearance Star Wars/Creator sets to scrounge for interesting elements.
I own two or three Gungan Subs I bought at 50-60% off just for slopes and
plates.

I actually think Star Wars sets are quite useful in construction of everything.
Especially at 50-75% off!!! And the elements are always cool and the sets
are of intrest, even though they will ultimately be taken apart for MOC’s.

no one sells Technic beyond $50 "Play" junk.  One of the things that really
irks me about Technic

For all you Bridge builders and Technic Robot fans I present to you the best
Technic parts pack ever…sure it’s yellow, but I've only ever seen this set
on extreme discount! And if you can still find one you’ll be very lucky indeed.
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8277
(The set has sixteen 1x16 beams)

                                              --==Richard==--