 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2444
Re: Retail rant, was Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 01:44:30 GMT

G'Day

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Richard Noeckel writes: • <snip>
.  In fact, I'd be
almost safe to say there are almost no cool Toronto Lego secrets anymore.
Lego I suspect has changed it's business model from what I can tell to • hold
back most of the desirable/niche models to S@H (which you won't ever see
sales on) OR (not knowing their true plan) Canadian retail product • managers
are not buying as big a variety. I know in general, the Canadian retail
market is leaving toys overall.

In fact, you read my mind, because tonight I went shopping for Lego and I
honestly was so unimpressed with the selection (Walmart, Bay, Sears) I
didn't buy anything.
<snip>
I agree I have not bought any sets for a while, there is just nothing out
there that looks neat or is good for parts.  (that i don't already have)
I did buy some Creator sets, but for parts (chrome) and one Jack Stoned set
for the canopy, but otherwise blah!
Although I notice that our Zeller's has a whole whack of sets on sale but
not by much, and not enough to convince me to buy anything.
Cheers
Oliver
Play Well