 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17054
Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 23:03:13 GMT

David Koudys wrote:

tell me dave. define a piscaso, or a monalisa?  just some oil, and ink,
slapped on some old canvas. why are THEY worth what they are?

Chris

Dave, way to ignore this part. just dont tell janey. she hates it when
you mock "art"

Again, if someone gets the 400 dollars for an old set--hey, all teh power to
him.

However, my personal opinion--jackass.  As you say--it's not a matter of 'right
or wrong' or morals, because it is, indeed, a matter of opinion.  My opinion is
that it hurts the hobby and hurts us all.  It's the 'Ebenezer Scrooge' single
person hoarding to the loss of the community.

did you just call me a jackass?

:o

I've seen it before--John Doe has an excellent idea for designing something new
and great.  'Ahh, but I need part 'x' and only Richard Roe has part 'x' and he
wants a gazillion dollars for it.'

There goes the idea.

dave. Im gona call your bluff.  I dont think that happened.  not with
Bricklink.