 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17079
Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:42:11 GMT

ya know...

this ain't the FIRST time you played the oh-so-sweet, and innocent.

LOL! "played"??? Nice try on a diversion tactic there, but I do believe in fair
play.  Which normally includes not calling someone out on something they never
claimed in the first place. Here is a novel idea, try disputing the facts.
Wink.

we all know the truth.

Yes, we do. BUT, apparently some of us (read:YOU) have problems admitting it.

I have the REAL truth on my side.

Yeah, the "REAL" truth, let me check my trivia book... yep, here it is...
Magno Fact 5.  All Chris' "REAL" truths are a fabricated version of what he
would like the truth to be.  Prominent examples, "King of Spain/Lugnet/Free
World etc", "I win all rtl games", "Dave never beats me in a competition"
"People really like me" and "All I ever wanted growing up was a pet monkey"
(oops wait a minute, those last two were from the JRB Trivia book, :sorry:)

I am a patient man.

Yes, patient as most Toronto drivers.

Personally I am not patient at all... so why wait???

Bring out the big guns, while I go look for a sharp pin.
(Luckily I keep the voodoo Chris fig close to the Trivia book, dont worry, the
other voodoo rtlers figs are close by too.  Please note, Dave's is pin free of
course!)

I will be vindicated!

Oh, vindicated... yeah right, just the last time you thought I was "playing"
sweet and innocent?

Chris, maybe you should surf on over to dictionary.com and check the definition
of "vindicated". I think you might have mis-spoke, I believe what you really
meant to say is... "I will eat a huge slice of humble pie", just like you did
the last time you implied similar doubts!!!

No worries tho, its a common mistake, many a lesser men have confused those two
terms.

Janey "Wasn't that fun?? Red Brick"

P.S. Dave, sorry to have taken your thread so off topic, but you already know, I
am a hobbyist in agreement. In my world, bricks are the medium of creation,
their value is to me is what they become, and the pristine boxes are for the
blue box.