 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17031
Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 17:12:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
If you want someone to pay 400 bucks for what could be amassed on Bricklink
(sans box) for a fraction of that price--well, then you're a person that is just
a money grubbing fiend.

Well, some people want collectable stuff.  It's a complete
set.  There's something to be said for a set of, a collection (key
word) of, intact, all same vintage, objects.   Even if you put it
out of spare parts, it's not the same.

It's funny.  My mother-in-law has a Galaxy Explorer that belonged to
my wife.  She lets my sons play with the pieces, when they
visit.  She even has the box & instructions.  I'd love to buy it from
her, just to have it, but she won't give it up.

I think I'm just going to have to wait her out.

Steve

I'll send you the serial number bricks--I have a few sets of 'em.  All the other
bricks you probably already have.

Dave K