 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17053
Re: My first train7 project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 22:38:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, John Neal wrote:

   Looks awesome, Calum! I really love looking “underground” on train layouts, and this area will be a kid favorite for sure! And it’s a good thing that

Thanks-- I’m enjoying building this stuff. It really makes you thinking how things are put together--how a building looks if you cut it in half.

   We ended up going with LEDs and it was far better in every way (except the non-LEGO “violation”).

Given the cost of lights, yeah. It’s fun to go all Lego, but even when Lego itself realizes you can’t use Lego lights, tracks etc in “production” building (eg, shows).

   One thing, and this is just a suggestion: It’s nice when thumbs are made for us, the viewing audience, instead of imbedding full images. But it’s not commonly known how to do it (WRT BS images). I happened to learn about it by accident a few years ago. Adding a /thumb/ to the URL, along with a “_thumb.jpg” will convert them. So:

   If you already knew that, but were just being lazy, then “Nevermind”;-)

I didn’t realize this, so, no while I’m pretty lazy, this is news to me. I will keep it in mind for the next ones.

Calum