 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17006
17005  |  17007
Subject:
My first train7 project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2007 09:26:32 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This is my first rtlToronto/train7 project (about two shows too late), an underground train station. Since the new layout has a +20 brick ground level, we have an underground layer (well, JeffVW and I do) which we can build stuff underneath.

I think everyone had plans of building underground cutaways, mines, hidden fortresses and the like. But the problem I found with this, even with a side cutaway, is that it’s very dark. And I didn’t want to sacrifice Lego 9V grain bulbs to run all weekend...so I asked Mario to help me with this project. He wired up a total of 18 LEDs to light the station area. It’s non Lego, but I wanted a really warm, diffuse, incandescent light.

We also got some LEDs over in a small transformer room.

Anyways, I hope you like it.

Calum