 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16170
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto21 page update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 18:03:40 GMT

David Koudys wrote:
Well, I'm not completely adamant about the 'flag crosing the 18 inch line for a
win', but if a 'bot gets the flag to the 18 inch mark, the chances are the other
'bot is in the pit anyway.

Personally I have no strong feelings either.  Other then I'd like a
resolution so I can get on with building.

Again, the issue is--are we running as close to possible 'true' tug o' war match
but with 'bots, or are we running a pseudo tug o' war where we can basically do
whatever we want with the rules.

As for "true" tug o' war, I think the rules are simple:  Two guy, a
rope, and a mud puddle.  The one that falls in looses.  Rules don't need
to be written up in a 16 page PDF to be true tug o' war rules.

In the interest of time we've added a time limit with a win condition.
Other then that, it's pull the other guy into the pit.  I think that's a
pretty true game of tug o' war.

Derek