 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16159
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto21 page update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2006 14:37:34 GMT

Derek Raycraft wrote:

Chris Magno wrote:

    * Within the 3 minuite time limit, the marker flag has been pulled
into/past your 18" start line.

I don't know this does change strategies significantly.  For example
playing out the rope would no longer be very effective.  You can't
release more then 18" of it or you loose.

Also makes loosing a hold on your rope an insignificant rule.

I think there is more adventure in the game without this rule.

Derek

but to compare this to a REAL game of tug of war......

your saying that we either HAVE to pull the bot off the table, OR, keep
the marker closer to your side for the full 3 minutes?

What about 2 equal bots? are we supposed to just sit and watch the
stalemate for 3 minuites?

as to playing out the rope, it is still valid, you just cant play out
more than 18", otherwise you lose.

maybe we need consensus from the rest of the players?

this is from the REAL TOW rules PDF.

http://www.kingston.ac.uk/~ku00329/Handbook%20-%20Rules.pdf

--snip----

WINNING A PULL
9.4 A pull shall be won when one of the white tapes or markings on the
rope has been pulled over
the mark on the ground (4 metres), and will be signalled by the judge
blowing his or her whistle
and pointing in the direction of the winning team.

----end----

and the same thing from another TOW federation:

http://www.tugofwar-twif.org/get.asp?table=Rules&veldnaam=PDF&id=25

---snip----

19 WINNING A PULL
19.1 Winning a pull general
A pull is won by a team either by moving the rope the required distance
as indicated by the markings or through the disqualification of the
other team by the judge.

Chris

OMG, i never realized all the tee-hee potential in the game. NOW we can
make comments about pulling, and other funny things.