 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16189
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto21 page update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 01:31:42 GMT

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote:

I don't know this does change strategies significantly.  For example
playing out the rope would no longer be very effective.  You can't
release more then 18" of it or you loose.

Also makes loosing a hold on your rope an insignificant rule.

I think there is more adventure in the game without this rule.

Yet in a real tug of war match, that's the only 'real' rule that counts,
and the
other rules are ones that we just added.

Waitwait, I'm confused.  So Derek, you just want no
flag-passing-the-edge-of-the-table-equals-win rule?  And Dave you do want
it?

I'm cool either way I guess.  I like the way the rules are now (rope leaves
robot = loss, robot leaves table = loss, flag crosses table edge = loss).

So are we going to let our 'bots play 'real' tug 0f war' or are we going
to just
make a 'pseudo' tug of war match?

I have a feeling either way we go these are going to be VERY fast games.

I also have to say it, but I think we really need to do the 5 second timer
thing.  Like you both press go (or some arbitrary person presses go on both
robots at the same time), 5 second delay, then start.  We've never adamantly
required that but I think it's about time we started doing that.  It just
makes so much sense.

Or make everyone use program 1 and you start both robots with 1 remote
(guarenteeing exactly synchronised starting).

AND we should be using SI.

    Iain