 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15886
Re: R21 - Tug of war ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:31:28 GMT

On Mon, March 20, 2006 11:31 am, Calum Tsang wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Brian Davis wrote:
Funny you should bring this up.  We were just talking about doing this (A) at BrickFest and (B) at our club (LafLRC).

I'm not really sure where we are on this one, other than we know we're starting a contest up here.

As for unifying a ruleset for Brickfest, I'm not really that crazy about it

Why not?  It seems like it would make all of the events more popular.  Do you
think it would take anything away from any of the events?

It also looks like the rules we
discussed at dinner last Friday are pretty divergent already with what's being suggested, so...

We've just been throwing around ideas for BrickFest events.  The rules Dave
posted actually sound pretty good, except there needs to be a weight limit.  I'm
sure people can fit several pounds of batteries & motors into a 10 inch cube.  A
few years back, there was a sumo robot at BrickFest that was about 12x12x3, and
weighed over 6.5lbs.  That equates to over 15lbs for a 10in cube.

In addition to the "heavyweight" class, it may be a popular to have a
lightweight class, with a limited number of motors, and no gap between the
tables, for those who fear the fall...

Anyone know if there is a Canadian Tire around here?  :)

My ideas of hurdles and steeplechases

That sounds interesting.

Steve