 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15883
Re: R21 - Tug of war ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:31:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Brian Davis wrote:
Funny you should bring this up.  We were just talking about doing
this (A) at BrickFest and (B) at our club (LafLRC).

   My idea was to have teams of 3 or so robots, one of which could be an
"anchor" robot (be allowed a firm connection of some type to the edge of the the
table). But I admit, I only really liked this because of the possibility of one
team physically pulling apart another robot. Eh.

Wow, it's like I logged into lugnet.org.us.someguysinindiana* :)

I'm not really sure where we are on this one, other than we know we're starting
a contest up here.

As for unifying a ruleset for Brickfest, I'm not really that crazy about it, not
a lot of rtlToronto folk go to BF to do contests, so it's sort of a non issue.
Most of us go to hang out in general.  Surprisingly, the group that goes down
tends to be the train/model builders anyways.  It also looks like the rules we
discussed at dinner last Friday are pretty divergent already with what's being
suggested, so...

On the NXT front, I don't think we're honestly going to have a full bore NXT
contest until much into 2007.  I had expressed a wish to try a few NXT demos,
but it looks like you guys have that plenty sewn up.  Tug of War is a pretty
lame demo for the NXT system anyways.  My ideas of hurdles and steeplechases
were pretty much shot down.

Calum
*-I for one, welcome our new American overlords.