 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15897
Re: Tug of war ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 20:22:33 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

However, I think it's a shame when the "outside" community comes to you, and
you're still not willing to consider doing anything that could be good for the
whole LEGO Mindstorms community, even if it takes little or no extra effort from
you.

Oh Steve, why do you have to drag us into this?  Is it your self ordained role as
"The Fresh New Face of Lego Mindstorms" that requires you to gush prolific on
"building community"?

I apologize for the attempt to include you.  I understand why you would suggest
this is entirely my doing, and I don't have a problem with that.

So if you look at it from our perspective,
running an event nationally means:

a) Eroding what we want for someone else's requirements elsewhere
b) Setting up a game for something we're not going to participate in

This seems to assume:
A) "Someone else's" requirements are different from yours.
B) rtlToronto members would not participate.

I'd say:
A) Why else would any of us travel to Toronto?
B) But, they have participated before!?

Now, over to the issue of "doing good".

I'm not sure where that came from.

In any case, my only suggested rule change was to add some more limits, to help
level the playing field.  Until that happens, my money is on Dave K because he
really knows how to build big robots.

Steve