 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15882
Re: R21 - Tug of war ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 16:18:28 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

i THINK we have agreed on a Tug of War game.

Funny you should bring this up.  We were just talking about doing
this (A) at BrickFest and (B) at our club (LafLRC).

   My idea was to have teams of 3 or so robots, one of which could be an
"anchor" robot (be allowed a firm connection of some type to the edge of the the
table). But I admit, I only really liked this because of the possibility of one
team physically pulling apart another robot. Eh.

The two ideas we discussed for robot limits were:
A) few limits, 4 pounds, go big or go home

   Probably more exciting, but perhaps less entries.

B) Motor limit of 2 to 4 standard Technic (gear-motors)

   Easier to enter, but likely to be slow. Do we need a speed limit? A maximum
time to resolve the match?

--
Brian Davis