 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15900
Re: Tug of war ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 00:27:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Steve Hassenplug wrote:
Chris and Calum,

You guys have done a fine job of creating and running events for your group, but
you've both made it clear that rtl is not interested in contributing or
participating with the Mindstorms community outside your little group.  And
that's fine.  Obviously, you can't be required to be more involved than you
want.

You've had great competitions with great robots.  As you've pointed out
elsewhere, all four of the original members of the Mindstorms User Panel (along
with many other great builders) have participated in rtl events.

However, I think it's a shame when the "outside" community comes to you, and
you're still not willing to consider doing anything that could be good for the
whole LEGO Mindstorms community, even if it takes little or no extra effort from
you.

I like the tug-of-war rules Dave outlined, and will suggest something similar to
the BrickFest committee, because it's very much in line with what has been
discussed.

It would have been nice to make a challenge that's bigger than one club, group
or event, because I know how popular things like the GBC have become all over
the world.  But it doesn't look like that's going to happen.  Oh, well.