 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15899
Re: Maybe it's the country-polite guy in me....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 21:05:41 GMT

Beyond that, however, I have noticed that rtlT always tends towards the
'exclusionary'--'You conform to how we do things or you're really not
welcome...'  Whether it be the integrated train layouts, which do not adapt
themselves easily to 'ad hoc' additions by others, or the robot events, which
are hashed out by the members but what the organizers say is final is final.
There are exceptions and discussion is allowed, but the impression is
exclusionary.

Speaking as an 'outsider', I don't see rtlToronto that way at all.  I think if I
were to drop in unannounced and unexpected with a 'bot for one of your events,
I'd be welcomed with open arms and smiles and offers of Canadian beer.  (No
thanks on the beer, btw...)

And, I'd promptly get my butt kicked, because you're all better bot builders and
programmers than I'll ever be!  <grin>

Do what you enjoy, it's your club, they're your rules.

Now, a small suggestion:  Have you seen the 'Cuboro' blocks built by Jon Palmer?
(http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=52351)  My first thought when I saw them was
"I bet rtlToronto could turn these into a robot competition of some sort..."

(My second thought was "I gotta build me some of them!)

JohnG, GMLTC