 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15885
Re: {rtlToronto 21} Tug 'O War
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:52:56 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:

Any thoughts on the actual rope?  We were discussing something
commonly/easily available (unlike the sash cord :)

Something like
http://images.canadiantire.ca/media/images/Assortments/PrimaryAssortments/Recreation/Camping/CampAccessories/0618490E_450_CC_455a5.jpg

from Canadian Tire - 50 ft of 5/16" rope for ~$10.

Is that too thin/flexible?   Is a thicker/stiffer rope desired?

Thoughts?

No, thin and flexible is good in my view--easier for people to build something
to grip the rope.

Spec'ing Crappy tire is fine by me--basically everyone has a Can Tire near them,
so this should make it easier than to get them from Chris.

I'd also like to talk to Lillian H Smith again for doing the event...I'm
convinced we have more fun at Lillian than at Oakwood.

Calum