 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1450
Re: train bridges
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:33:32 GMT

<snip>
The general guideline is that we're going to attempt to be eight wide
compatible for the folks from MonLUG and ParLUGment who might be eight wide
(even if I think rtlToronto should be primarily six wide).  What this means
practically:

-At least 1 dot extra on each side of the 8 dot wide track

-At minimum 15 bricks tall clearance for EluraCar camera car system (not an
absolute requirement, but a nicety), 14 bricks tall for larger cars like the
4552 Railcrane.

Calum,

ParLUGment won't have any 8-wide cars, and I think Martin (MonLUG) has
decided to go back to 6-wide. So don't worry about us. However, we do
need to keep in mind that long cars going around curves need extra width
if they are going onto or off of a bridge.
Also, a question about the EluraCar; does it need 15-brick height across
the entire width? The reason I ask is that I am trying to build a tunnel
and with the arch on top of the entrance/exit it has less clearance at the
sides than it does in the center. Please let me know, as I really want it
to accomodate the EluraCar.
Thanks. Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)