 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1401
Re: train bridges
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:56:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik writes:
Hi to all the train guys. I have been thinking about the bridge I may or may
not build, and I am wondering how much clearance is needed at the sides of
the track. If I put 1 plate and 1 brick on top of the very edge of the
railway ties, is that going to interfere with the train passing over it?

The general guideline is that we're going to attempt to be eight wide
compatible for the folks from MonLUG and ParLUGment who might be eight wide
(even if I think rtlToronto should be primarily six wide).  What this means
practically:

-At least 1 dot extra on each side of the 8 dot wide track

-At minimum 15 bricks tall clearance for EluraCar camera car system (not an
absolute requirement, but a nicety), 14 bricks tall for larger cars like the
4552 Railcrane.

However, at that low on the track, it shouldn't affect anything as long as
your bricks are on the sides of the tracks, in between you'll hit the
motor pack and any low slung cars.

Calum